Make more money without having to work at it
No complicated strategies, no risk, no worries. With Savings Certificates, all it takes to enjoy higher earnings is a bit of patience. Save for as little as three months (maybe a vacation?) or as long as five years (a new car or college expenses?). During that time, your money will rise to new levels while you go about your everyday life.
- A solid, reliable way to invest in your future
- Create a savings schedule that lines up with your financial needs
- Term Savings Certificates range from 3 to 60 months
- Certificates earn more than most traditional savings accounts
- In general, longer term Certificates come with the highest rates
- Minimum $500 deposit
- All deposit accounts at United Bay Community Credit Union are insured up to $500,000
12 Month Add-On Term Savings Certificate
A 12-month term savings certificate lets you save for a year with just a $50 minimum deposit. You earn a fixed interest rate and can add money whenever you can, making it perfect for gradual savers.
- Low minimum initial deposit.
- Add any amount at any time.
- Watch your savings add up.
Youth Savings Certificate
Kids and teens love to spend money on their favorite gadgets, clothing styles and social activities. But it's important that they learn financial responsibility as well. Our Youth Savings Certificates help young people develop strong savings habits that will stay with them for life.
- For young people age 18 and under
- All Youth Certificates have a six-month term
- $25 minimum deposit
- Additional deposits of at least $1 can be made at anytime until the Certificate matures
- After six months, account owners can withdraw their money or let the certificate roll over for another six months at current rates
- On the first maturity date after the account owner’s 18th birthday, the entire balance transfers to a regular savings account and the certificate is closed