The security of your personal information is a primary goal of
- Be aware - legitimate businesses do not make unsolicited calls for personal, sensitive information. If you receive an unsolicited call asking this, it is probably a scam.
- Don't give in to pressure - Many times the caller will pressure or try and scare you into giving your personal information. If so, simply hang up.
- Don't answer phone calls from unknown numbers. Valid callers will leave a message.
- Don't respond to unverified SMS text asking you to call your financial institution. Text messages from
never contain hyperlinks or requests for confidential information.
- Stay calm - These callers are masters at emotional string pulling. When in doubt, hang up.
- Be skeptical - Caller ID can be faked. Hanging up is your best defense.
- Never share a One-Time-Password (OTP) with anyone. OTPs are generated to verify your identity and criminals are anxious to obtain them by asking you to read OTPs to them over the phone or via text.
- UBCCU offers complimentary account security alerts. You may create alerts at any time by logging into a secure online banking session and Click on the services tab and choose enhanced eAlerts.
- Carefully review your statements regularly and contact us if you notice any unauthorized activity