I am recently unemployed, can I rollover my 401(k) to an IRA?

To rollover your 401(k) to an IRA, you will want to contact your 401(k) company to obtain the distribution paperwork required. You will want to inquire as to the type of 401(k) you currently possess (traditional pre-tax or a Roth after-tax).

Before you submit the paperwork for the rollover, you will want to have your IRA established. Stop into any UBCCU branch and ask to speak to the IRA specialist to fill out the application. Please have any beneficiary information with you at the time of opening; this includes the addresses, birth date, and social security number of all persons to be listed as a beneficiary.

Once the IRA is established, submit your rollover paperwork.

This answer has been viewed 1592 times.

Related Questions
Go to main navigation