A Debit card from UBCCU is a single card with a double purpose! Faster than writing a check and safer than carrying cash - a Master Money Debit Card has all the same features as an ATM card, but with the added buying power of the Mastercard® logo.
New Debit Cards
Dear UBCCU Member:
We are excited to announce that we are converting our ATM/Debit cards to new EMV “Chip Cards”.
All new cards will be a “chip” card. This means it will have the new EMV technology which ensures more secure purchases than traditional magnetic strips. Always use your card as a credit transaction where available to increase your fraud protection.
New cards will be mailed beginning February 17. You will receive your Debit Card first and then your PIN. For security reasons, your card will arrive in an unmarked envelope. You can begin using your new card as soon as you activate it. Your new card needs to be activated by February 27.
Your new card will be a different number than your current card. You will need to update with your merchant any automatic billing or payments that you make with your current debit card.
You will receive your new PIN in a separate mailer. UBCCU staff will no longer be able to change your PIN number by phone or at our branches. You may change your PIN number by visiting an ATM that is owned by UBCCU or by using the phone number and reference number that is with the PIN Mailing. To change the PIN at a UBCCU owned ATM, you will need to have the PIN you were mailed.
Your new card still carries the Co-op Network logo which means you have access to over 30,000 ATMs worldwide for Surcharge Free Transactions.
Your new card is NOT part of Fifth Third so you will no longer be able to use their ATMs for Surcharge Free transactions. This includes ATMs that are part of the Jeanie Network.
If you use an ATM that is not part of the Co-op Network, you will be charged a fee from the ATM owner. UBCCU allows 4 non-Co-op ATM transactions per month; after that there is a fee of $1.00 per transaction from UBCCU in addition to the ATM owner’s charges. Co-op Network ATMS may be found on-line at www.co-opnetwork.org.
For more information regarding the new EMV Chip Cards, please Click Here.
- Access your checking account faster than writing a check
- Use your UBCCU Master Money Debit Card everywhere MasterCard® is accepted.
- All debit card transactions appear on your monthly statement including the date and location where the transaction took place.
- Your purchase amount is deducted directly from your checking account. Just tell the cashier that you would like to charge your purchase. After your card is scanned, you will be given a receipt to sign and the amount will be deducted from your checking account usually within one to two business days.
- Your Master Money Debit Card works great for catalog purchases and those "credit card only" orders.
- Master Money Debit Card also serves as your ATM card. You can use it with your PIN (Personal Identification Number) to get cash at ATM locations. For surcharge free ATM locations - click here.
- Instead of struggling to balance one checkbook between joint members, each person has his or her own Master Money Debit Card for the account.
- Card is accepted at merchants worldwide.
- EMV Chip Technology
- Safer than carrying a lot of cash
- Personalize your PIN on each Master Money Debit Card issued by bringing your card to any branch location.
- Lost or stolen cards can be cancelled immediately and replacement cards will be ordered.
- A Fraud Service Center monitors your transactions for possible fraud.
- No annual fee
- No finance charges
- This is not a credit card. You will not have monthly payments or pay interest.
- Save cost of purchasing checks.
- No credit card debt.
- Unlike a credit card, the purchase amount is immediately put on hold, making the amount unavailable for withdrawals. The amount is usually deducted from your account within 1-3 business days.
Click here to apply for a UBCCU Master Money Debit Card.
Click Here for Contact Information & Frequently Asked Questions regarding UBCCU's Master Money Debit Cards.
Your UBCCU Debit cards participate in the following networks and can be used at any location that accepts:
Co-Op*, Pulse, MasterCard**, STAR West, NYCE, and Cirrus
United Bay Community Credit Union ATM terminals can accept transactions from the networks listed above as well as:
Visa, Plus, American Express, and Discover
*Surcharge free. **Debit Card only.
Looking for a little added security when shopping online? You can use MasterCard SecureCode with your UBCCU Debit Card.
MasterCard SecureCode is a private code for your MasterCard account that you can use when you're shopping online. Only you know what your code is – retailers aren't able to see it. Want some more information, Click Here.
Click here to set up your MasterCard SecureCode.
Protecting Your Account by Verifying Your Purchases
If you have been contacted by our card monitoring company regarding suspicious activity on your account, please call 888-241-2440.